Monday, March 27, 2006

I know when I'm licked

New measurements of cosmic microwave background radiation further confirm that the universe formed by expansion in a trillionth of a second about 13.7 billion years ago.

In other words it looks like there was a very big bang which caused, well, everything to expand outwards from an itty bitty, teeny weeny, quantum-scale bobeenie.

Inflating the Universe


I know when I'm licked and I must change my opinion to fit the empirical data.

There was nothing (or anyway nothing that looked like much).

There was a big bang.

There was everything you see when you look at the sky at night.

That's hard to comprehend.

Where did all that energy come from?

How did the bobeenie (I'm sure there's a scientific name for it) form?

Could there ever have been a time before matter and energy?

Sometimes science poses more questions than answers.

No comments:

Foot Quotes

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge"

Charles Darwin