Monday, October 04, 2004

King George II

Here are lyrics that I wrote 10 months after George Bush's coronation:

King George, II

They tell me that George Bush
Has just taken his vow,
So I guess that means
He’s our leader now.

He came to power
In a questionable election,
And I’m not sure he’s the people’s selection,
But, George Bush is our leader now.

Well, in 10 short months
Our economy went bad,
There were Anthrax scares,
And the people were sad,
But, George Bush is our leader now.

“evildoers” are right here,
and they come from everywhere,
But we’ll fight them with all our might.
Shout: That’s Right!

They say “Buy all you can”,
And “Fly to Disneyland”,
While they busily take away our rights.
Shout: Our Rights!

Our leaders haven’t learned
What most people know:
That in this life
You reap just what you sow.
Shout: What you sow!

Oh,
I hang my head in sorrow,
About the prospects for tomorrow,
Because George Bush is our leader now.

Copyright © Maurice J Dubreuil 2001, all rights reserved.

No comments:

Foot Quotes

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge"

Charles Darwin