Monday, October 25, 2004

Hackworth's plan for Iraq

David Hackworth is America's most highly decorated living soldier. Here is his plan for turning the corner in Iraq:

Memo for the President-Elect

It sounds like Hackworth is a bigger believer in the Powell doctrine than Powell. I think I might be too, especially that bit about victory tied to exit strategy.

I believe John Kerry would be quick to execute many of these items (especially the first), but I don't know his affinity for some of the people Hack mentions (like Anthony Zinni). I know I have blogged in favor of Zinni since he doesn't mince words and is unquestionably tough and competent.

I also would add one important item to Hack's plan and it is something John Kerry reportedly tried to act upon. This country needs to be united by a good-faith non-partisan effort to fight terrorism more effectively at home and abroad. We are all in the same boat when it comes to protecting America. Nobody asked the victims of 911 whether they were Republilcan or Democrat before they killed them.

This is a serious problem and we need a serious man to face it. John Kerry, I submit, will do the job better.

No comments:

Foot Quotes

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge"

Charles Darwin