Sunday, September 21, 2008

Smiling Joe Biden

By exercising the "soft bigotry of low expectations", the McCain campaign is placing Sarah Palin into a debate kitchen. She will, presumably, be allowed to wear shoes when she debates Joe Biden in a format contrived to favor her lack of debating skills, inability to improvise, or poor knowledge of the issues:

Details here

That, my friends, is either sexism on display or an inappropriate choice of running-mate.

I hope Joe Biden ignores the likely forthcoming calls for less tenacity. I hope he knocks her block off with a smile. If he treats her as anything less than an opportunistic, arrogant, world-endangering, Rovian puppet I will be disappointed by his sexism. I want to see Sarah exposed as Dan Quale with lipstick for the American voters.

Republicans attacked Chelsea Clinton and I think Joe ought to remember that.

No comments:

Foot Quotes

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge"

Charles Darwin