Friday, July 30, 2004

JFK's way

I know that George Bush is wrong for America. I can see that in diners and on street corners everywhere I go. I can see it by the lines on peoples faces. I can see it in the headlines of every newspaper. I can see it in the lack of response every time George Bush sends Colin Powell out with a call for help in Iraq. I can see it by the way he is on vacation yet again and tumbling from his mountain-bike yet again with no more concern for this country's problems than a frat-boy might have.

But, I didn't know if John Kerry would be right for America, or simply better for America; that is, until last night.

John Kerry opened up his heart and showed me the America he loves and I share that vision, that dream for America, and that love. I know when I cast my vote for John Kerry I will be electing a man ready to give more than he asks in order to restore the American dream we both believe in.

Last night I saw a man passionate about America and ready to lead it towards prosperity, opportunity, security, hope, and unity. Last night I saw the son of a foreign service officer concerned for the health of our global alliances and ready to rebuild our reputation abroad. Last night I saw a life-long environmentalist willing to invest in American technology to solve environmental, foreign policy, and economic problems in one stroke. Last night I saw a man in earnest, who cares deeply about America, and who wants to work to solve our problems. You could see it in his eyes, in the way he gripped the podium, you could see it in the way he spoke. This man wants to lead us and he can lead us and he knows where he wants to lead us. He isn't going to leave us behind if we falter; he didn't do it in Viet nam and he won't do it now.

John Kerry will make a great President of the United States at a time when we need more from our President than we are currently getting. I am now willing to commit more than my vote for John Kerry. I am now willing to invest my hope for a better America in John Kerry this November. I know that he won't let me down. Last night I saw the makings of a great American president, one who'll make us strong at home and respected in the world.

If you missed the speech, you can watch it here:

John Kerry, Boston, 2004

If you would like to know more about John Kerry's policies, you can do so here:

Kerry Edwards 2004



No comments:

Foot Quotes

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge"

Charles Darwin