Friday, May 28, 2004

J.F.K. in 2004

We've tried the Bush way, the stubborn way, the not working way, and it is time for a new course in Iraq.

It is crystal clear to me that George Bush doesn't understand America's strength or how to weild it. He doesn't understand that our Statue of Liberty drags chains of oppression in her wake and that her clear light is fueled with hope, not fear. He doesn't understand that every Iraqi will fight for their freedom if they only trust our motives, and the best way to inflate their trust is through transparency, not shady Halliburton-style deals.

This, I'm convinced, is George Bush's Achilles heel: He doesn't have faith in our Constitution, nor our will to be free. This is why he evades the truth, and why he tries to dictate to us; it is because he doesn't trust us.

John Kerry, on the other hand, wants to restore what was lost. If he begins to articlate the America I believe in, the one that was achingly desired in Tianamen square, then George Bush best get a new chain for his brush in Crawford.

Security and Strength for a New World

Hope burns brightest in the darkest nights. I am reminded of that as I look up into the night skies these days and see Venus, goddess of love and beauty. Look up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugly Moe, I've been looking around for ugliness related blogs, and I came across this entry (J.F.K. in 2004) during my search so I thought I'd write a quick note to let you know! I recently started a new blog called Ugly Blog, so 'd be happy to trade links if you're interested. Anyway take care and have a nice day! Eric

Foot Quotes

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge"

Charles Darwin