Friday, September 09, 2005

Race and Katrina

Here is a video that many of you may have missed, or seen in edited format. Rapper Kayne West speaks from the heart at a Red Cross fundraiser while sharing the stage with Mike Myers.

I disagree with Kayne and think the slow response to Katrina was not driven by racism but instead by really ineffective ideology in conjunction with nepotism. However, I am white and I am sure that I can't see racism through Kayne's eyes.

Maybe you agree with Kayne?

In any case I respect someone testifying from their heart (as opposed to a teleprompter). I have to admit the second time Kayne spoke I laughed like hell. I might not agree with his position, but I am really weary of B.S. and find candor refreshing.

Maybe it will become a trend?

No comments:

Foot Quotes

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge"

Charles Darwin