Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I smell a rat

The center for disease control has, since 1969, compiled abortion statistics. They have been unpolitical about it, which means they were one of the few sources of trustworthy objective analysis out there.

As you may know the abortion rate is tied closely to the poverty rate. This historic trend was reinforced during the Clinton years where 7 million families moved out of poverty and the abortion rate went down, down, down.

See for yourself


Given that historical trend I had to wonder, since George W. Bush has produced an economy with 4 straight years of families moving into poverty what was happening to the abortion rates.

CDC abortion statistics seem to have stopped being published in 2001.

My inquiries to the CDC on the subject have not been answered.

I suspect that Republicans have a dirty little secret that they want to hide from their base of religious supporters, namely that supporting Republican economics requires supporting an increase in the abortion rate.

I could be wrong, but I find it highly unlikely that Karl Rove would keep a decline in the abortion rate a secret from da base.

I smell a rat.

No comments:

Foot Quotes

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge"

Charles Darwin