Friday, September 16, 2005

Maybe memere was right

My grandmother believed that there was no need to worry about going to hell because we were already there. Her worry was staying in hell, that is to say being reincarnated here on Earth. Her idea of heaven seemed to be somewhere else.

I can't say I blame her. As a young girl she had to wait in bread lines during the great depression. She worked in a mill, but found love and married. After becoming pregnant her husband was drafted into WWII and sent overseas for four years.

Yet, my grandfather survived and life became somewhat normal until the Korean war, to be followed by the Vietnam war where three of her sons served.

So, she had a lot to worry about during her lifetime and I didn't blame her for feeling the way she did about Earth being hell. But, I didn't believe her until last night, when we learned that Karl Rove, a political assassin, is going to be in charge of the Katrina rebuilding effort.

Maybe memere was right?

Instead of being fired for exposing a CIA agent in time of war, or held in jail as a traitor (if intent were established), Karl Rove is going to be the face of compassion in the Bush administration! The man that defeated John McCain by insinuating he had an illegitimate black child is going to repair the President's image with the predominantly black Katrina refugees!

I'm sorry Jesus. I must have been terribly wicked to deserve this punishment, but I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

Mercy!

ADDENDUM: Here is a great post by Josh Marshall on this subject.

No comments:

Foot Quotes

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge"

Charles Darwin