Thursday, September 22, 2005

Good night, and good luck

George Clooney is one of my favorite actors.

He has a new movie called "Good Night, and Good Luck" slated for release on October 7th that I am looking forward to.

Here is the trailer:

Edward R. Murrow

I believe that McCarthyism is just around the corner because Americans are so scared they will soon seek the safety of persecution through herd-hysteria. Perhaps this movie will remind Americans that more was lost than gained when the greasy-haired high inquisitor was allowed to run amok in our land.

I hope the American press is ready for this new McCarthyism, but when I look into the vacant stare of what passes for a news anchor today I have my doubts. Can the sensation salesmen and the disembodied divas protect our liberties when we really need them the way Edward R. Murrow did?

"Give me liberty or give me death", said John Henry at St. John's church in March of 1775. What will Americans say 230 years later?

No comments:

Foot Quotes

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge"

Charles Darwin