Thursday, April 21, 2005

No mas

I think I'm going to be hanging up my blogging spurs. I got started on a whim, simply intending to find out what the heck a blog was, and became hooked.

I had found that my pent-up political anger was spilling into my conversations with friends and family and blogging gave me an outlet for my rants. I consider it to have been quite healthy for my psyche as well as beneficial for my social life to unburden myself of missiles like the Abu Gharaib scandal, the swift boat veterans for dishonoring the service of war heroes, Patriot Acts I and II, the plundered treasury, the trade imbalances, the cost and toll of the Iraq war, the arrogance of Rumsfeld, the uncritical press, Blair's brown-nosing, and the growing culture of fascism in America.

I have tried to talk about the world around me from my own perspective in the service of telling my truth steadily and broadly. On occasion I wrote odd short poems hyperlinked to the stories that inspired them, which I expect is a medium unique to the internet.

Mostly I liked to use my blog like an index for stories that I found interesting or important and attached to these stories an expression of their meaning to me. Perhaps I should now provide a bushel of links to sites I have enjoyed:


All hat no cattle

Truth Out

Joshua Micah Marshall


Debkafile

BBC

Asia Times Online

Bull Moose Blog

Daily Kos

David Hackworth

Common Dreams

Michael Moore

Dennis Kucinich

Juan Cole

Noam Chomsky

Slate Cartoon Index

The Onion

Thanks for the company and I hope it was time well spent.

Adieu.

No comments:

Foot Quotes

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge"

Charles Darwin