Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Headlights get in your eyes

Here is an excerpt from an interview conducted with President George W. Bush while he was in Rome for the Pope's funeral.

Q: Just to follow up on that, Mr. President, a couple questions about the Pope. One, I noticed at one point you had your glasses on and you were following along -- I'm not sure if you were looking at the homily at that point or maybe, did you have one of those guides that --

THE PRESIDENT: I did. It's hard to follow -- my Spanish is not very good -- (laughter) -- nevertheless, it is decent enough to pick up sounds that then can help me follow the Italian.

Q: Had you ever been to a Latin mass before; I imagine you've been to an English mass?

THE PRESIDENT: No, never been to a Latin mass.

Source: Whitehouse Website

No comments:

Foot Quotes

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge"

Charles Darwin