Sunday, February 13, 2005

Oasis

Naomi Klein is interviewed by Lakshmi Chaudhry in this article called "What are we fighting for?"

I always wonder how people younger than I am can be so much smarter than I am, but I find a good whoopie pie sees me through any feelings of inadequacy.

Here is a paragraph I find illuminating:

"...the success of Karl Rove's party is really a success in branding. Identity branding is something that the corporate world has understood for some time now. They're not selling a product; they're selling a desired identity, an aspirational identity of the people who consume their product."

The good news is that I think John Kerry, in losing, came to realize that much of what Naomi said is true. Furthermore, I think you'll see him start to call Republican's on their noble rhetoric and to allow himself to be led in order that he may lead. He must learn to trust that voice inside again.

No comments:

Foot Quotes

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge"

Charles Darwin