Sunday, February 27, 2005

Is Seeing Believing?

I saw a UFO once, that is, something I couldn't identify in the sky. I looked up and saw a strange light directly overhead moving somewhat erratically, and travelling at what must have been incredible speeds (given the short time with which it crossed the sky). Undramatically I have no stories of probings or even a fleeting interest in my person by any alien race to report. But I did see something unusual that I hadn't seen before, something unexplained and flying.

Peter Jennings has emboldened me to share my story by doing a special report on UFOs which asks, "Are we alone?".

The UFO Phenomenon -- Seeing Is Believing

I chalked my own experience up to some military spy plane (see SR-71), or a meteor skipping across the atmosphere like a rock on a pond. Call me a doubting Thomas with my thumb out, but I find it hard to believe that alien tourists are driving around the atmosphere without stopping in for a delicious milk shake and some french fries.

Now I find myself wondering if Peter Jennings will next investigate Bigfoot, Elvis, Crop Circles, and the Loch Ness Monster. I suppose that seems more likely to me than insightful reporting on the War on Terrorism.

In Peter's defense, though, there was that mysterious incident in Pheonix in 1997

No comments:

Foot Quotes

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge"

Charles Darwin