Monday, February 28, 2005

No Mullah Left Behind

Thomas Freidman points out that by refusing to embrace the goal of energy independence for America we are actually funding both sides in the war on terror, since our dependence on foreign oil props up places like Saudi Arabia, Iran, and Sudan (who then use that cash to try and kill us).

Enriching our enemies

I have on several occasions called on Democrats to get serious about energy independence as a way to focus domestic and foreign policy and I do so again.
We must break the grip of oil-rich nations on our domestic affairs, and at the same time we can take global warming seriously.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugly Moe, I've been looking around for ugliest related blogs, and I came across this entry (No Mullah Left Behind) during my search so I thought I'd write a quick note to let you know! I recently started a new blog called Ugly Blog, so 'd be happy to trade links if you're interested. Anyway take care and have a nice day! Eric

Foot Quotes

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge"

Charles Darwin