Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Barricade the asylum doors

I often wonder if I were locked away in a padded, white room if the interior of the asylum would be able to compete with the outside world for madness. I find myself wondering this again as I notice:

1. Missile fire was reported from unidentified aircraft over E. Iranian town of Dailam 300km from Afghan border Wednesday afternoon. (Source: Debkafile, and this corroborating BBC story)

2. Iran and Syria have decided to form a common front. (Source: BBC News)

3. Russia appears to have decided to sell Syria surface-to-air missiles after-all. (Source: Haaretz)

4. Lebanon may be destabilizing, with possibly Syria or Israel behind it. (Source: Asia Times)

If you were insane it might not be such a bad idea to barricade the doors against the outside world.

No comments:

Foot Quotes

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge"

Charles Darwin