Monday, August 16, 2004

Human Shields and Militants Await Tanks of Liberation

I am French Canadian and here is the type of joke I grew up surrounded by:

A pair of Frenchman were walking along a sidewalk and spotted something brown. One of them, Jacques, warned the other to be careful. Pierre thanked Jacques, then bent down to investigate. He said, "Hmmmm, it looks like dog-poop." Jacques said, after sniffing the air, "It smells like dog-poop." Pierre put a small piece in his mouth and said, "Ewww, it tastes like dog-poop too. It's a good thing we didn't step in it!"


I thought of that old joke when I read that human shields are now surrounding the mosque in Najaf where Sadr is hiding.

"It looks like a quagmire.", we said.
"It smells like a quagmire.", we said.
"Ewwww, it tastes like a quagmire.", we said.

Bush of course replied: I think I'll step in it

No comments:

Foot Quotes

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge"

Charles Darwin