Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Disciples of a jackass

I remember a quote from a PBS program "I'll fly away", that has stuck with me. The quote was this, "Just because I see a jackass standing in a field braying doesn't mean I should stop and bray back."

On some level that resonates with me, but what happens when you see a jackass standing in a field braying and drawing disciples that bray along? Should you still walk on by, or should you stop and help the disciples see they're following a jackass?

Keith Olbermann ridiculed Paul O'Reilly on MSNBC with this piece which tortures him with truthfulness and smites him with smiles. I suppose he felt that it was right to stop and help the disciples.


Truth vs O'Reilly

No comments:

Foot Quotes

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge"

Charles Darwin