Friday, March 18, 2005

Watch it Friday

You may recall that I blogged about a book called "God's Politics", which was an alternate theological viewpoint regarding Christ's teachings as they relate to politics in America.

The author of that book, Jim Wallis, appeared on Jon Stewart's "Daily Show" and received vigorous applause for saying things like, "I'm pretty sure Jesus' first priorities wouldn't have been a capital gains tax-break and making war on Iraq".

I, myself, haven't made up my mind as to what I believe regarding a creator. However, I can say with confidence that I am more closely aligned to Jim's point of view than the one which says we must make a desert and call it peace.

Here is a link to the segment.

Watch it

No comments:

Foot Quotes

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge"

Charles Darwin