Thursday, March 17, 2005

Temptation

Whenever anyone comes out strongly opposed to a book I usually, of course, respond by going out and buying a copy of the book to see what all the fuss is about. It's not so much that I have a strong desire to rebel, but rather I find censorship cowardly and authoritarian and I also find my curiosity raised by being told "No!"

My curiosity has been recently aroused by some rather harsh words from Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone about the book the Da Vinci Code.

Details here

Here is a link to purchase a copy of the book for yourself if you are similarly inclined:

Da Vinci Illustrated

I suppose the Cardinal realizes that men never have resisted the temptation of forbidden fruit and that we never will?

No comments:

Foot Quotes

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge"

Charles Darwin