Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Snow wonder he's leaving

I recently read an article in the Economist called, "A series of fortunate events" which said:

Far from dismissing deficits, America's economic policy-makers are suddenly talking about little else. On November 17th, John Snow, America's treasury secretary, argued in London that America's fiscal deficit was his "most pressing issue".



I had to shake my head, since the last treasury secretary to talk about deficit reduction was kicked out. I shook it again when it happened to John Snow today:

Goodbye Mr. Snow


I think the folks at the Economist are struggling so hard to find a silver lining they are creating their own reality. In this world, one either shows loyalty beyond reason or is shown the Whitehouse door.

Sometimes a storm cloud really brings a storm.

No comments:

Foot Quotes

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge"

Charles Darwin