Thursday, April 12, 2007

Darn

From the New York Times...

The New York Times | DINITIA SMITH | April 11, 2007 11:46 PM

Kurt Vonnegut, whose dark comic talent and urgent moral vision in novels like "Slaughterhouse-Five," "Cat's Cradle" and "God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater" caught the temper of his times and the imagination of a generation, died last night in Manhattan. He was 84 and had homes in Manhattan and in Sagaponack on Long Island.

Source: NYT


I've enjoyed the writing of Kurt Vonnegut over the years, to the point which I am sad to see him go. He reminded me of Mark Twain fused with a beat poet, and it was his book Breakfast of Champions that first captured my heart.

My favorite book by him is Bluebeard.

Since your happiness depends upon the quality of the objects of your affections, it is no wonder that Mr. Vonnegut always made me smile.

So long Mr. Vonnegut, and thanks for all the books. I'm sure Kilgore Trout will live on.

No comments:

Foot Quotes

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge"

Charles Darwin