Thursday, May 11, 2006

Vacation

I am going on vacation until May 22nd. I thought I'd
leave you with something crucial to know.

During the Cuban missile crisis the Ruskies sent us two letters. One was full of bravado for the Russian generals, and the other was a negotiating framework. President John F. Kennedy ignored the bravado and paid attention to the policy letter. The crisis ended without resorting to nuclear explosions.

The Iranians seem to have taken the same approach as the Russians by sending us two letters. President Bush, however, has all but ignored the policy letter and continues to excite the prospects of confrontation.

The fact of the policy letter remains, though, and I think it is important that Americans familiarize themselves with its' existence (if not its' contents). Hassan Rohani, representing Ayatollah Khameini (Iran's Supreme Leader), presented the policy letter to Time magazine:

Olive branch?

What I really want from president Bush is to go fish for fish in his stocked fish pond on his stocked ranch. He seems to enjoy that and it is, I think, where he belongs.

To consider for a moment that he holds the whole world in his hands is my idea of a world on fire (HELLFIRE specifically).


He´s got the the tiny little baby,
in his hands,
He´s got the the tiny little baby,
in his hands,
He´s got the whole world in his hands.

He´s got you and me, brother,
in his hands,
He´s got you and me, brother,
in his hands,
He´s got the whole world in his hands.

He's got ev'rybody here,
in his hands.
He's got ev'rybody here,
in his hands.
He´s got the whole world in his hands.


ADDENDUM: Iran's president says he is ready to negotiate Details here.

No comments:

Foot Quotes

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge"

Charles Darwin