Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Iran or America?

Did I wake up in Iran this morning?

I don't know about you, but the last thing I want from a pharmacist is a moral opinion. At CVS stores across the country, though, that is exactly what many customers are in for.

It seems that a pharmacist, if he has a moral objection to your prescription, can refuse to fill your prescription. So, presumably, you now need to know the religious background of your pharmacist in order to get your fertility drugs or promiscuity drugs or birth control.

If a sperm is wasted, God gets quite Irate

I wonder if this means I could refuse to dispense life-saving drugs to Republicans if God whispered in my ear not to?

It seems to me that nobody forces a person to be a pharmacist and that choosing to be one means you ought to fulfill the duty expected of you. I wonder who these people are that feel such a burning desire to tell me how to live my life? Why don't they go live in Iran where every facet of their daily life can be controlled by religion?

Lord Almighty I am tired of soap-box preachers.

No comments:

Foot Quotes

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge"

Charles Darwin