Monday, November 22, 2010

Chris Hedges

Christopher Hedges is writing powerfully these days.  In a recent article, he writes:

"We have reached a point where stunted and deformed individuals, whose rapacious greed fuels the plunge of tens of millions of Americans into abject poverty and misery, determine the moral fiber of the nation. It is no more morally justifiable to kill someone for profit than it is to kill that person for religious fanaticism. And yet, from health companies to the oil and natural gas industry to private weapons contractors, individual death and the wholesale death of the ecosystem have become acceptable corporate business."

You can read the entire piece here: Tiny acts of Rebellion

Obama's servitude to Wall Street crystalized America's decline for me like nothing else could. As I watch he and spiritless democratic leaders abandon hard working people to people that are simply hard, it does not evoke Hope in my breast.

I suppose Christopher's writing speaks to me in a language I can relate to these days. He seems to see clearly what I see and rail against it, and sometimes that is all you can do.

No comments:

Foot Quotes

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge"

Charles Darwin