Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Won't you carry me a-waaaay

With support for the war continually shrinking, the only people general Petraeus, president Bush, and John McCain are fooling with their current Pollyanna talk are themselves, the US Congress, and a dwindling supply of Fox News viewers.

That's it.

I was outside last week and I heard a jet plane overhead. I looked up but there was nothing there. The jet had already flown halfway across the sky but the noise was just reaching me now. I found it and tracked it with my eyes for a while and it occurred to me that the plane was a good metaphor for neocon control of Washington. Most of the country has moved on from their unpopular and ineffective ways, but they persist as so much noise radiating from an empty place, and from the past.

On Thursday there will be more noise and carrion calls but the country has moved on. They will be ineffective because the lies don't work when credibility is gone. If the president Bush wasn't so oblivious to shame he'd realize how pathetic he is.

No comments:

Foot Quotes

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge"

Charles Darwin