Friday, June 08, 2007

Amen, brother Robinson

I like to say around the Ugly Moe homeland that the next president of the United States should be smarter than me. That is viewed, particularly by my closest friends and family, as setting the bar very low and I have been accused of perpetuating low expectations.

Eugene Robinson just wrote a column for the Washington Post in which he says, "One thing that should be clear, to anyone who’s been paying attention these last few years, is that we need to go out and get ourselves the smartest president we can find."

Here is a link to his article

I can't help but wonder what might have been if the last presidential ballot were worded this way:

If you wanted to cheat on a test, would you be more likely to look over George W. Bush's shoulder, or John F. Kerry's, for the answer?

Everyone likes an idiot until they need answers.

No comments:

Foot Quotes

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge"

Charles Darwin