Monday, July 10, 2006

Ill about Il

I have found myself, of late, wondering how Republicans would be acting if a democratic president bumbled as badly as Bush with regard to nuclear-armed North Korea.

Would they shrug if a democratic president had embroiled the country in another Vietnam while a grave threat shot missiles around our allies?

Would O'Reilly and Limbaugh types think calls for permission slips from the international community prudent?

I think not.

So then I found myself wondering, "Why not?".

Is it because party politics now trump national security issues?

Or, is it because most people are too pathetic to admit their role in electing the awful administration of George W. Bush?

It seems to me they would rather slather rhetoric on a real problem while dreams of sugar-plums dance in their heads.

Kim Jong-Il

As far as I can tell the Bush foreign policy is wait for the next president to fix the mess.

No comments:

Foot Quotes

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge"

Charles Darwin